Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And we begin

Tuned into my orientation session this morning, which was both helpful and brief (both good things) and in another hour log in for a webinar on how to make the most of this blogging.

This blog is really a test, and to introduce myself.

I am a learning and development practitioner of many years (15+) currently enjoying a career break (voluntary redundancy although not really of my choosing). I am using this time for personal and professional development and am especially looking for opportunities to develop my knowledge and skills in online and flexible learning.


My intention when registering for this workshop was to build my skills as a learning and development practitioner in terms of online learning.  I also was keen to participate in a MOOC and this topic seemed ideal for the focus of my professional development. Being a MOOC I also look forward to building my professional networks and contacts and learning from my peers.

I am excited about the idea of collaborative learning and information sharing among participants.

2 comments:

  1. Timing of this How to Teach Online MOOC comes at a perfect time as you further your personal and professional development. Welcome to the MOOC! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, especially since you are coming from the practitioner's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the timing is perfect too. I look forward to learning from others and challenges to my own thinking.

      Delete